Páginas

5.4.14

The strike continues, but NOT our education.

Hey again, it´s been a while right? Today I need to talk about something that is affecting me and many other students.

In the University I’m in, or should say was… Well, the Union called a strike, now I’ve been 36 days without school, no classes, no work, no anything. The whole university is closed. But, Why am I so worried? Why am I talking about this here, on 20sPerspective?

I’m doing this, because is the way I need to express myself and stand out, speak out for everyone who’s being affected because of this withdrawal of work. More than 30, 000 students are still in the same situation as me. Without counting the other teachers, workers, oh ! and by the way, this last group, where the ones who started it all.

I’m really trying to understand but it’s been a month now, and I’m tired of trying to look the positive side of this. They have a right, yeah I now, the group, this union that voted for a strike, but I can’t stop thinking how this is the worst solution. What about the “public right of education”.

I’m feeling how this is taking away some opportunities. The one who has the entire fault, in my opinion obviously, the Dean of the University he’s totally a fool, I mean he won’t cooperate with the group of all the employees against some conditions of their contracts.

Everyone says Mexico isn’t the best place for education and what are we doing about it? How am I supposed to be competitive, smart, a leader if I have nowhere to study?

The freaking fat Dean has not listened to any of the pledges. No one’s negotiating. Therefore, this strike ain’t going anywhere.

What about the students, 21st century, things are not like they used to. We have a voice; we have a thousand ways to demand our rights, our university, our education.

This may sound as vacations but they’re not. We, as students, and we are many, more than 30, 000!! We should participate all together, be strong, and make everyone listen to us. Education is the key of success.

There are so many ways of solving a problem, any conflict shouldn’t affect others, there is always a way, ALWAYS. And stopping the whole school, and closing the university and letting everyone with no classes.. I am sure that’s not the best solution. Something is wrong with their “options”.


This needs to stop, and I never thought I’ll say this but, I want to go to school, I need and want my classes back. NOW. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario