Páginas

18.1.14

Inline Skating, more than a hobbie.

We can learn something new every day, or at least people always say that. But in fact I did discover more about inline skating.

I didn´t know it is a sport about speed which is not included in the Olympics, though it is recognized by the IOC (International Olympic Committee). There are world competitions for this type of skating, every year there are different states that host this events.  And some of them are directed by one of the more important skating associations, the International Skating Union.


I already knew something about the protection you should wear. Like the helmet, which makes your head look bigger, also the knees and elbows protectors so you can fall easily without cuts or wounds. Or if you are just like me, that I’m going faster and feeling like I’m cool and pro and then BOOM! I’m in the floor. To avoid this embarrassing moments, is important to practice & also practice the correct techniques to stop.

About inline skating history, well, this are not too old. Inline Skating began in 1980’s, 1990’s when Rollerblade Inc., a company founded by Scott and Brennan Olson in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They promoted this type of skating and extended their sells. It became very useful to practice hockey or artistic skating while there was not too much snow…

While I was reading about this topic, I noticed that it is a great way to exercise.

Inline skating for 20 or 30 minutes a day will strengthen your muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons, & the impact is less compared to running. Although you have a better cardio while running. Both activities have the same results in burning calories. The American Heart Association recommends skating as a great exercise for the heart.

This are some reasons why I should use more y skates and practice properly. As an advice I can tell you to do it in company of your friends or other skaters, it’s easier and better in case of an accident or protecting each other.


Maybe the girl I say every night, (talk about her in the previous port) already knew this or just the part of the exercise because she has no protection.. I should tell her about this don’t you think? 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario